Monday, March 12, 2012

Cross season 2011

After a fun cross country season, cross season began. My husband and I travelled primarily to races in the Georgia Cyclocross Series and the Bama-Cross series. While he raced in the singlespeed category on his Traitor crusade, I got to enjoy the plush ride on my Trek Cronus cx. Thanks to the fast bike build by the guys at the Chattanooga Trek store, I was on the bike early in the season. It is one light bike. It handles great, tracks well, and overall, suited me very nicely.

This was my first season racing as a cat 3, so it meant doing a lot of chasing the faster cat 1-2-3's from behind. It also meant racing for 45, instead of 30 minutes. Talk about high intensity training. In addition to the high intensity and short (shorter than cross country distances) races, cross season also means it's time to bring out the skin suits, aka unitards at their most stylish. Our US-Stove Company suits are really sleek and comfortable, and heck, who doesn't love the wood burning stove inspired flames we have on one sleeve? Thanks to our sponsors, our clothing not only looks good, but feels good.

Overall, the cross season was eye opening-- the cat 1-2-3 women are one fast group of racers and 45 minutes is a whole lot of time to be pushing hard. I didn't break any records or sweep any series' podiums, but it was immensely fun and I really look forward to the 12/13 cross season.

Photos from the cross season will be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment