Monday, March 12, 2012

Big Frog, here I come

As many of you know, the Big Frog 65 is a race that takes place near the Tanasi White Water Center. It's about 65 miles with quite a bit of elevation gain. It's a sister race to the longer Cohutta 100, which is part of the NUE series. It's April 28th.

I've done this race on two other occasions. Once 3y ago on my geared 26in bike and 2y ago on a 29in singlespeed. This year I'll be doing one of two very different things: riding my lovely Fisher Superfly SS or riding a Trek Superfly 100 elite. Hardtail ss or geared FS. A variety of things are influencing which ride I'll use, but it's not an easy decision. The ss is so light and easy while the FS will give a smoother ride with the perk of derailleurs.

This year, at least four of the US-Stove Company women are racing in 65 or the 100.

With only a few more weeks of training before the race, I've got some serious mileage to put on my legs/bikes before I'm ready. Stay tuned for updates!

Here's to speedy and safe finishes for all the US-Stove/Trek racers.

No comments:

Post a Comment